Monday, October 1, 2012

Homecoming

 This past weekend, my school had its Homecoming Dance. It was my first Homecoming ever and it was such a blast! I had a ton of fun (even though I went without a date)! I just thought I'd share what I wore real quick with you guys! 

 This dress is totally different from something I would normally pick out, but I'm really glad I went with it! I'm not usually a huge fan of orange or bright colors, but this dress just caught my eye and I fell in love with it! I loved the high neck and the structured shape of this dress. I just thought it was so unique. The belt also added such a nice touch! Also, you can't tell from this picture, the back was completely open, which I loved! 
 You can't see my feet in the picture because my dearest mother cut them off, but I wore these babies on my feet. I am OBSESSED with them. I love the fact that they are simple, yet just the right amount of dramatic. They stand at about 5 inches and I had them on all through pictures, dinner and the dance! OUCH! Two days later, my feet still hurt, but it was so worth it. 

As for accessories, I kept it simple. I just wore an orange and gold bracelet, some gold stackable rings, and a gold flower in my hair. For a bag, I used a cream- colored, studded bag with a long, chain strap that matched the dress and the shoes. 

I chose to wear my hair like Blake Lively did for the Green Lantern premiere. I love this hairstyle so much! I think its so pretty and intricate, yet messy and effortless. I knew I wanted to wear my hair up somehow because of the high neck. I chose this because it was the perfect mixture of an up-do and a down-do. I was contemplating between this hairstyle and the Blake Lively/ Serena Van der Woodsen ponytail (clearly, I love her hair), but I decided to go with this one because it was so different, like the dress. I'm glad I chose this one because I really liked the way it looked with the dress. 




Dress- ASOS
Shoes- Steve Madden
Bracelet- LolaBella 
Rings- Boutique by where I live
Bag- Boutique by where I live
Hair Flower- Cut out of a necklace from Francesca's 

Hope you enjoyed! 
XOXO,
Marisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment