Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Day In The City

I (Marisa) wore this outfit shopping in Manhattan last spring. I love it so much! I think that it's a great, comfortable way to dress down a dress! I'm a huge fan of big, chunky sweaters, I think they're the best thing that ever happened to my closet! I think that adding the cable knit sweater to the outfit really took the tone of the outfit down, and made it more comfortable, relaxed and perfect for a day in the city. I also love collared dresses, but I don't like the formless shape that comes with. The dress (it's hard to tell) is a dark grey with a small leopard print. The print combined with the formless shape was just too much and very boring.  To add some shape and color to this dress I chose to belt it with a thin Kelly green belt. The belt did wonders for the outfit. Without the belt, the outfit was just so boring. On my feet, I had on a pair of taupe, suede combat boots. I think that every girl needs a pair of combat boots. They are such a staple piece. They can be worn with absolutely anything (except maybe a formal outfit). I've worn combat boots with anything you can imagine. Dresses, shorts, jeans, skirts, you name it I've worn it with these boots. I will wear combat boots until the day I die. I don't care if they are in style or not. I just love them so much! I paired these boots with a pair of cable knit socks peeking out from the top. I love doing this with my boots!

Dress- Urban Outfitters
Sweater- Urban Outfitters
Boots- Steve Madden 
Belt- Aritzia
Socks- Urban Outfitters (I think)
Bag- Urban Outfitters

I hope you liked this outfit and try out some of these styles! 
XOXO,
Marisa 


No comments:

Post a Comment